Sunday, April 18, 2010

PROM NIGHT with Missy and Elijah

My baby decided this was the year to go the prom. It came as a bit of a shocker to me, and even more so was the idea that he had a girlfriend. It's not like I don't know the girl, he's been friends with her since pre-school but going from friends, to dating, to the prom was a little quick. But I, of all people, know that relationships work that way. So, with $200 less in the bank, here we are. It was a big night as you can see. Missy's mom knew the routine, having an older child who had already gone through this. Being the newbie we were, I was following Elijah's lead, which was very vague. So there were pictures at her house, fussing with the make-up and hair, and lots of entertainment before they even made it to our house. There was also a plan of more pictures later with the other 4 couples they planned to meet up with. Being the good son Elijah is, he came by for some quick shots. He couldn't take much of it, especially with all the instructions I was giving out so this is what we got. I'll be interested in seeing the other pictures, just to see if he is as animated. Started off nice.

Then I ask for one with his mouth closed (thinking a little more serious).

Still looks nice, I think they look very happy I must say.


I was still working on that serious pose.



I think it's getting worse. Notice, she does not change her look.



Ok, now we're serious. She's cocked her a head a little too.






But.....that look can't be held for long.

He's trying......and that's where we ended. With plenty of more smiles left on their faces and a night of joy and good times awaiting them.







3 comments:

Dianne said...

They look so cute....I'm glad they had a good time. It seems like just yesterday when it was prom time for my children.

Dina said...

OMG!!!! that was hystericalll!!!! Mom ur too funny, trying so hard to get a serious photo. most people have a hard time getting them TO SMILE!!! They look great!!

Kathy said...

Thanks y'all! They made a nice couple, and had a great time.

Memories, oh how we love the good ones!